This Woman's Whirled
8.25.2006
  No Fat Princesses
As Florida residents, we try to get to Walt Disney World on an annual basis. They offer residents great discounts and it really feels like a vacation, even though it is just over a 2 hour drive. This year, we plan to partake in Mickey's not-so-scary halloween party. This is an event taking place at the magic kingdom after hours, and limited to a smaller number of tickets than a usual day at the park. There is trick-or-treating and costumes and, hopefully, smaller crowds.

We have been trying each year to do a family costume but it has never worked out. This year is no exception. My dear son is Dash Incredible. He introduces himself to others that way. While I consider Mrs. Incredible to be inspiring (and my secret blog identity), I am no shape to squeeze myself into her spandex suit. As a matter of fact, that would be laughable as the out-of-shape Mr. Incredible is when he dons the super suit of his glory days in the movie.

That said, I was inspired by the Disney Magic and thought it would be fun to go as one of the famed princesses (preferably one of the 4 non-blondes), so I went online in search of a costume.

Well, it seems that if you google "plus size" and "costume" you may as well have entered "tavern wench." That doesn't exactly exude Disney Magic. So, it would seem, that the plus sized girl cannot celebrate the shape she's in as a beautiful princess - but there were a number of costumes to celebrate the more curvy female form. Check out the plus-sized dirty martini costume or even worse, the sexy Hermione from Harry Potter. Nice.

In all fairness, the disneystore.com site has a pretty, girly costume for me. Tinkerbell. Isn't that ironic? She's supposed to be 6 inches tall. That's just a cruel joke. Tinkerbell should be the one 'princess' we aren't allowed to wear.

So, since I couldn't find anything - my son will be Dash and my husband and I will be wearing Mr. and Mrs. Incredible t-shirts. They're cute and probably much more comfortable than anything else we might come up with.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Revealing the feats and follies of a self-proclaimed super woman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunny, Florida, United States

Thirty-something working woman living the American dream with my wonderful husband and beautiful son.

ARCHIVES
04.2006 / 05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 04.2008 /


Powered by Blogger