This Woman's Whirled
7.26.2006
  the pressure!
Today, I discovered that my friend and fellow blogger has linked to my blog! I haven't had ample time to post in weeks. I am probably boring these wayward blog trotters to death.

I really am a very interesting person. I swear.

I also used to link to D's blog - until I changed templates and all my customization went with the old one. I have every intention of fixing that. I just don't have time.

Right now, my life is pretty much a big ball of stress and fatigue. I am happy, though, believe it or not - but it's taking its toll...Monday, I visited my doctor about the recurring chest pain I've been having. I didn't really think anything was seriously wrong but why would you risk it. As expected, I am fine. My blood pressure is even fine. Here was the best part of the visit...

"Do you feel like you need to take something to deal with the stress, "asks the Doctor - who totally reminds me of Georgette from the Mary Tyler Moore Show (can you imagine that!!?!)
"No," I said, "I don't ever want to wonder if it's me reacting to something or a drug."
"Good," she liked that answer, "would you mind if I recommended an herbal suppliment to you that might help you manage the stress?"

I almost did a backflip. I have never had an MD recommend an herb. Normally, I would expect something like, "My zoloft rep promised me a tee time at the amelia island golf and country club if I manage to get you addicted to his product." I have had a pharmacist recommend an herb and even a vetranarian but never an MD.

The miracle pill is called 5HTP and it boosts your body's production of seratonin - your own, natural happy drug. I take 50mg at night and, if after 4 weeks I still have these symptoms, I will take it twice a day. Of course, if I get worse, I am supposed to call Dr. Georgette right away.

I think it is working already. Bless her heart.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Revealing the feats and follies of a self-proclaimed super woman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunny, Florida, United States

Thirty-something working woman living the American dream with my wonderful husband and beautiful son.

ARCHIVES
04.2006 / 05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 04.2008 /


Powered by Blogger