This Woman's Whirled
6.16.2006
  Glory Days
I used to be smart. I used to be the resident subject matter expert on a handful of things. I am having a really hard time knowing nothing.

The past two weeks have been such a struggle. I have had limited connectivity to some vital tools to do my work. I have been working on some documentation that is just a rewrite of everything that already exists because I can't get anyone to commit to meeting with me.

I was somewhat prepared for the pressure of performing for my boss and her bosses - and comforted with the knowledge that my boss will do all that she can to help me succeed. Today, I know that the work I gave her was not what she wanted. This is unfamiliar territory, though, as I was always able to give her exactly what she was looking for when I worked with her before. I can't wait for that to happen again.

I was not at all ready for the big disappointment I have been to myself. I am working hard to turn this discouraged feeling into determination.

I can do this and I will do this. Not only will I do it but I will be great at it.

I just hope it doesn't take long as I am very impatient...
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Revealing the feats and follies of a self-proclaimed super woman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunny, Florida, United States

Thirty-something working woman living the American dream with my wonderful husband and beautiful son.

ARCHIVES
04.2006 / 05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 04.2008 /


Powered by Blogger