This Woman's Whirled
6.06.2006
  Free Tampax!
Today was my first real day at the new job. I have learned a lot already and can't wait until I feel truly productive...that said, I am really excited about what I discovered in the bathroom!

Upon entering the bathroom I made note of the machine on the wall, ever present in the most ladies' rooms, filled with 'feminine sanitary products' in the event that magical time catches you by surprise. It used to be these machines were 10 cents. More recently, they have charged a quarter.

This machine was labeled free. It still had a coin slot and a crank, but no coin was required to release the supply.

I could barely believe my eyes. I could have as many as I wanted. Somehow, this gesture seemed to relieve some of the injustice I regularly feel for having to endure this curse. After all, I am officially infertile now (even before the Mirena) so it seems to serve little purpose. Having to pay for these products has always seemed like a punishment. What's worse, is that there is a difference in quality and comfort that is based on price! It all seems so wrong...or it did until today...

In addition to these goodies, I found that all the drawers in the break room were stocked with individually wrapped plastic flatware! Oh how many times have I been forced to suck yogurt through a straw!

I have clearly crossed the threshold into Utopia...
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Revealing the feats and follies of a self-proclaimed super woman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunny, Florida, United States

Thirty-something working woman living the American dream with my wonderful husband and beautiful son.

ARCHIVES
04.2006 / 05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 04.2008 /


Powered by Blogger