This Woman's Whirled
5.01.2006
  Pride and Prejudice
Today was the day we met our Indian replacement. He was late. Perhaps he thought we meant 9 AM Bangalore local time, I don't know. When he arrived, one of my teammates (who is not losing her job) became the welcome wagon. I don't even know how she did it. She introduced him around the floor and showed him how to navigate the building as though his arrival was our saving grace. His late arrival.

When I complained about his tardiness, this same person made excuses for him, saying, "he doesn't have connectivity yet, he may not have known." I responded, "well, he has a watch - and they have time in India." If we can't even rely on this person to understand the urgency of this job enough to arrive on time, I am afraid it is all downhill from here.

At one point, she asked if I would help train him. I was genuinely busy and said no. I am trying my best to avoid a lot of contact with him or I will be forced to show him a picture of my son and ask if he would like to sponsor him for 71 cents per day (the price of a cup of coffee). It could be more than he makes though, so that may be unnecessarily cruel.

The day will come, however, when I will be forced to hand him my job on a silver platter, demoralizing myself for the sake of my management's desire to save face and my company's desire to increase profits.

For my next act of humiliation, I will get a part time job at Hooter's.

Damn right I'm bitter.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Revealing the feats and follies of a self-proclaimed super woman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunny, Florida, United States

Thirty-something working woman living the American dream with my wonderful husband and beautiful son.

ARCHIVES
04.2006 / 05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 04.2008 /


Powered by Blogger