This Woman's Whirled
5.31.2006
  Persona Non Grata
I am in the final days of my two week notice (yes, I got the job!!) and, while this is normally a reflective time, I can't help but reflect because I have spent my last several days at work alone. Really, it's fitting. This past year was easily the worst of my adult life. I spent most of the year trying to prove to management that the team I was leading was critical all while coping with a brewing mutiny and the efforts of many of the very teammates I was defending to undermine me. One of them succeeded.

It was just a disagreement on the Friday before I took a week off. When I returned, I was the root of all evil, on drugs, and clearly unstable. At least that was what everyone had been told. Fortunately, I had a good reputation. Most who knew me knew this was a bunch of hooey. Sadly, our management had changed completely and no one who knew me was left in a position to champion me. The downward spiral began and it became painfully clear I couldn't possibly win.

I was given a bad performance rating. In this company, this is the equivalent of blacklisting. I would not be eligible for a bonus or a merit increase and I couldn't even post for a new position. Of course, this became a much bigger deal when I was let go. Even worse, I gained a lot of weight and lost some of my hair!

I am so glad all of this is over. It's best I spend these last days alone. The reflecting reminds me exactly why I am leaving. Regardless, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little hurt that no one is taking me to lunch.

P.S. to my regulars - sorry for the delay - and for the makeover.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Revealing the feats and follies of a self-proclaimed super woman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunny, Florida, United States

Thirty-something working woman living the American dream with my wonderful husband and beautiful son.

ARCHIVES
04.2006 / 05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 04.2008 /


Powered by Blogger