This Woman's Whirled
4.12.2006
  Whipping Girl
I had a particularly bad day at work today.

I learned that I wasn't given a merit increase this year (not that it really matters, I have about six weeks to go) and a teammate of mine (who is not being laid off) is smugly micromanaging the rest of the team's efforts. Combined with the morose mood of the entire division, it is nearly intolerable. If I wasn't being laid-off, I would probably quit.

I was shocked, at first, to be losing my job. Sometimes, I still feel betrayed. Given the way things are going, I am beginning to think I am one of the lucky ones.

Even I can't be perky every day.

I feel for my boss who has had to deliver all of this bad news. Today, I didn't hold back my reaction. I told her I was sick of taking the fall for management's lack of accountability. I said I was done being their door mat. I said a lot more. It's easy to be candid when you have nothing to lose.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Revealing the feats and follies of a self-proclaimed super woman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunny, Florida, United States

Thirty-something working woman living the American dream with my wonderful husband and beautiful son.

ARCHIVES
04.2006 / 05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 04.2008 /


Powered by Blogger