This Woman's Whirled
4.13.2006
  Kid Couture
Tomorrow we leave for a long weekend in Tampa. The main event being a Tampa Bay Lightning game. We paid for most of the trip months ago, so it is nice to take this weekend away from the job stress without worrying how it impacts our budget.

Anyway, I have spent far more time preparing and packing my dear son's wardrobe than my own. Mixing and matching all the cute little t-shirts with the shorts that best capture the spirit I am looking for. Please. They are t-shirts and shorts. You do not accessorize little boys. There isn't even the pressure of matching the socks.

Basically boys clothes fall into 3 major themes:

This all drives me bananas. My son likes puppies. He likes butterflies and flowers...and he likes colors. Boys clothes are generally limited to 3 major colors - red, blue, and heather gray. I constantly survey the girl's section for anything I could easily unembellish enough to make gender neutral just so he could wear yellow, purple, or aqua. Inevitably, if I do find a fun color, it's a polo shirt. I'm not a huge fan of polo shirts, and neither is my dear son, but I have been able to find them for boys in hot pink and lavender!

Well, time to finish packing! How ever will I choose between the blue lizard t-shirt and the gray lizard t-shirt? For the record, my boy doesn't really care.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Revealing the feats and follies of a self-proclaimed super woman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunny, Florida, United States

Thirty-something working woman living the American dream with my wonderful husband and beautiful son.

ARCHIVES
04.2006 / 05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 04.2008 /


Powered by Blogger