This Woman's Whirled
4.16.2006
  Go Bolts!
We had so much fun at the game last night, I truly forgot about losing my job and the accompanying mountain of stress. It's such a relief to know such joy continues to be possible. Of course, it is probably no coincidence that I found such great joy in my team beating the Carolina Hurricanes (home state of the company so carelessly deemphizing my position in favor of the much cheaper and cheaper global talent pool - did I mention they were cheaper?).

The game itself was fantastic. After leading 2-0 going into the 3rd period, Carolina tied the game. We won with 10 seconds left in overtime on a breakaway by Lightning star, Martin St. Louis. The excitement was amazing!

During the game, my son was on the jumbotrons twice and met Thunderbug, the team mascot (this was easily the highlight of the game for him). He was actually very engaged throughout, chanting "Let's go Lightning!" He has been to several games, but this was the first time he wasn't solely focused on leaving his seat.


My dear husband was more excited than he usually permits himself to be. He literally jumped up and down after the winning goal! He freely shouted his immediate feedback to the refs when bad calls were made and he cheered our team's great saves, hard hits, and shots on goal as though he were the coach.

I so enjoyed being with both of them, watching both of them. No matter what happens with my job or our finances, I know that no amount of money can buy the happiness my family brings to my life.

Take that, Carolina!!!
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Revealing the feats and follies of a self-proclaimed super woman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunny, Florida, United States

Thirty-something working woman living the American dream with my wonderful husband and beautiful son.

ARCHIVES
04.2006 / 05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 04.2008 /


Powered by Blogger