This Woman's Whirled
4.18.2006
  Empty Inbox
Anytime I am out of the office, I can expect to spend a big portion of my first day back catching up with my email. If I am out for a week, I have hundreds. If I am out for a day, I have nearly a hundred.

Monday, after returning from a 3-day weekend, I had 18. Usually, I have 18 coming back from lunch. In this case, everything I missed on Friday was there in a total of 18 emails.

It's like I am already gone.

Today, I sent out dozens of networking emails. I contacted nearly everyone I have ever worked with. Some people haven't responded. Some wrote things you'd see in the autographs of a high school yearbook (I really enjoyed working you! You'll be missed! Keep in touch!) Some people really surprised me with the emotion evident in their reactions. They didn't know, they were so sorry, they wanted to help in any way they could.

This is a very surreal time.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Revealing the feats and follies of a self-proclaimed super woman

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sunny, Florida, United States

Thirty-something working woman living the American dream with my wonderful husband and beautiful son.

ARCHIVES
04.2006 / 05.2006 / 06.2006 / 07.2006 / 08.2006 / 04.2008 /


Powered by Blogger